The study concluded that social networking in the workplace may affect positively the final outcome of the company production.….
A recent study pointed that social networking and good relations between workmates may increase the productivity of a less efficient worker, and that leads to positive effects for establishments where social incentives are not less important than financial incentives.
The study which was done by Future Work Institute, Bon, Germany showed that companies which employ workers who are engaged in good friendship relations produce more compared to other companies. The study, which was declared on the 26th of May 2009 and was carried out by scholars from American and British universities, confirmed that less efficient workers may increase their productivity abilities. It is possible to increase their abilities to a percentage that may reach 10%, and make them able to work with high effectiveness when their friends are present in the work environment.
The study was conducted on workers in one of the British companies specialized in growing fruits. Simultaneously, the study pointed, on the other hand, that there was a decrease in the performance of high-productive employees who were directly in touch with the less-performance employees during work. Nonetheless, it culminated that final outcome for this companies and establishments where both kinds of workers work, was positive.
American and British researchers conducted their study on employees in one of the British companies specialized in growing fruits. They commenced the study by asking the less-performance employees about their workmates who they are connected to with good relations, and accordingly changed the work schedules to allow these employees to work together in certain days. Unexpected results revealed that less-performance workers’ productivity increased 10% during that period compared to other periods because of their presence in the environment of their friends, with whom they have good relationships. While the work speed of high-performance workers decreased by almost an equal percent due to adaptation to the low performance of their workmates.
Experts think the phenomenon is due to that happiness in the work environment improves performance; productive performance of low- performance workers improves due to proximity of workmates connected with affection and love. A company which employs workers engaged in friendship relationships can achieve a raise of about 3% in its sales
The study concluded that social networking in the workplace may affect positively the final outcome of the company production. Though, these results cannot be applied on every company or establishment, the study shows that social incentives are not less important than financial incentives and they play an important role in increasing productivity.
NOW TO SUMMARIZE OUR TRUE RELIGION RELIGION TEACHINGS IN POINTS:
1. Islam affirmed the importance of good relationships among people, Almighty says, “O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).” [Al-Hujraat: The Private Appartments:13]
2. Many verses ask us to build good relations with others e.g. Almighty says,
“O ye who believe! Avoid suspicion as much (as possible): for suspicion in some cases is a sin: And spy not on each other behind their backs. Would any of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? Nay, ye would abhor it…But fear Allah. For Allah is Oft-Returning, Most Merciful.” [Al-Hujraat: The Private Appartments: 12]
3. The believer is a brother of a believer: This is a great Prophet’s saying; The Prophet (pbuh) considered that relationships between believers should be brotherhood relationships, and this is the highest in good relations. Almighty says, “The Believers are but a single Brotherhood…” [Al-Hujraat: The Private Appartments:10]
4. Allah has ordered us kindness, and that is the finest in human relations, to be kind to others, forgive who did injustice, let go of an insulter unpunished, Almighty says, “…but do good; for Allah loveth those who do good.” [Al-Baqara: The Cow:195]
5. Allah has ordered us to forgive and pardon others, Almighty says, “let them forgive and overlook, do you not wish that Allah should forgive you? For Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” [AN-Noor: The Light: 22] and also has ordered us to cooperate for beneficence and piety…
6. The Prophet (pbuh) has been an example of good relations. He did not get angry unless one of Allah’s sanctities is violated, he did not insult, hit, or show arrogance, and he was helping others, besides, he was saying, ” who relieves a Muslim from the plight of distress, Allah relieves him from one of the plights of distress of The Day of Resurrection,”
7. In a great saying of the Prophet(pbuh), he considered good manners, the heaviest in the balance of man on The Day of Judgment and he said, ” The nearest place to me on The Day of Judgment is the one with the best ethics”
8. Please consider with me those teachings that aim at building the best and finest kinds of human relations inside and outside the workplace. Therefore, what about carrying a similar study of the effect of Islam teachings on productivity in the workplace, and present it to the world to see the greatness of this religion and its teachings strong effect?
By: Abduldaem Al-Kaheel