Jummah (Friday) is the sixth day in Islamic week. The literal meaning of Friday is congregation. In islam, this day is given the most importance than any other days of the week.
Also reported by Imam Muslim, Abu-Dawood, Al-Nasai, and Al-Tirmizi, that Holy Prophet Muhammad ﷺhad said, “The best day during which the sun have risen is Friday. It is the Day Adam was created. It is the day when Adam entered paradise and also when he was taken out from it. It is also the day on which the Day of Judgment takes place.”
Allah says in Quran :
“O you who have believed, when [the adhan] is called for the prayer on the day of Jumu’ah [Friday], then proceed to the remembrance of Allah and leave trade. That is better for you, if you only knew.” Surat Al-Jumah 62:9
And when the prayer has been concluded, disperse within the land and seek from the bounty of Allah , and remember Allah often that you may succeed. Surat Al-Jumah 62:10
Coming early to Jumu’ah brings a great reward:
Rasulallah (Pbuh) said: “On the day of Jummah, the angels stand at the entrance of that Masjid in which Jummah salaat is to be offered. They write down the name of the person who enters the Masjid first, and thereafter the name of the person who follows, and they continue doing this. The person who entered first will receive the reward of sacrificing a camel in the path of Allah; the one who followed him will get the reward of sacrificing a cow, than ram ,thereafter a chicken, thereafter the reward of giving an egg as charity in the path of Allah. Once the khutbah commences, the angels close the register and begin listening to the khutbah. “ (Bukhari and Muslim)
Rasulallah ﷺis reported to have said, “Recite Durood upon me in abundance on the day of Jummah since they are presented to me.” (Ibn Majah)
READING SURAH KAHF
“Abu Sa’īd al-Khudri reports that the Prophet said: Whoever recites Sūrah al-Kahf on Jum’ah (i.e., ‘Friday’ of the pagan world) will have illumination from the light (of the Sūrah) from one Jum’ah to the next.” (Nasā’i, Baihaqi, Hākim)
Virtues of Friday:
As jumma is a special day, so it demands special preparations and special acts. Here are some essential tasks to do to grasp blessings of friday:
- To have a bath (Ghusl) (Bukhari, Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah)
- To use Miswaak (cleaning teeth) (Ibid)
- clipping the nails, removing of the hair etc (Ihya aul-Uloom, vol. 1, page 161)To use Attar or nonalcoholic Perfume (Ibid)
- To wear nice and clean clothes. (Abu Dawood, Chapter of Ghusal on the day of Jumu’ah)
- Offer jumma prayer / salat ul jumma
- To proceed early as possible to the Masjid for Jummah prayer.
- To sit close to imam , as close as possible.
- If the Saffs (rows) are already filled, one should not jump over the shoulders of the musallies in order to get to the front. (Abu Dawood)
- listen very attentively to the khutba of jumma even if one does not understand. One should not speak or even warn another to keep quite while the khutba is in progress.
- Recite surah kahf , when ever you get time in whole day, recitation of surah kah on jummah.
- Sins Forgiven: The five daily prayers, and from one Jumuah to the next, are an expiation for whatever sins come in between, so long as one does not commit any major sin. (Muslim, 233)
Making abundant dua on Jummah Rasulallah (Pbuh) said: “There is such an hour on Friday that if any Muslim makes dua in it, his dua will definitely be accepted.” (Bukhari, Muslim)
Make sure to share this to others and tell your friends: “Whoever revives a Sunnah from my Sunnah and the people practice it, will have the same reward of those who practice it without their reward diminishing” (Sunan ibn Maajah, 209) .
May Allah give us the ability to act upon all of these virtuous deeds and Sunnah of Rasulallah (Pbuh). Ameen
In Shaa Allah